The benefits of a bike fit?
A well fitting bike not only feels more comfortable but also
- Improves performance
- reduces the risk of injury
- increases cycling efficiency
Retül dynamic 3D v Conventional static bike fitting?
Retül uses a 3D infra red motion capture system that allows assessment of a rider’s movements whilst they are pedaling on their bike. Unlike traditional bike fitting or 2D video analysis Retül records all three planes of movement. This data reflects how a rider actually rides a bike and cannot accurately be captured conventional methods.
The experience and knowledge of the bike fitter is the key to taking advantage of the full capabilities of Retül tools and technology.
Key Concepts of the Retül bike fit technology
- Dynamic fits are more realistic. Retül records the rider’s positions in motion, therefore creating the most realistic picture of the rider’s actual pedal strokes and body positions when out on the road.
- Biomechanics are best assessed in 3-dimensional space. The traditional two-dimensional plane is limited because the fitter can only look at one view at a time. Retül uses an LED based 3D motion sensor to simultaneously gather data on multiple angles of the rider. This allows your bike fitter not only to see measurements such as knee and hip angles, but also lateral knee tracking and hip lateral travel.
- Measurement accuracy is vital. Traditional methods of measurement are subject to human error. Even slight inaccuracies can significantly and adversely impact the rider’s feel both during and after a ride. Using 3D motion capture technology the Retül system is accurate to within less than a millimeter. It is able to determine accurate data which can be utilized by the fitter for the perfect biomechanical fit.
The Better Cycling Retül bike fit
Our package includes:
- A pre-fit assessment questionnaire addressing your cycling and any injuries will be forwarded to you for completion prior to your appointment
- The fitter conducts an initial musculoskeletal assessment of the rider, and at this point can address the rider’s concerns about performance, pain, or any other issues the rider hopes to alleviate during the bike fit
- LED markers are strategically placed on eight anatomical points of the rider: the wrist, elbow, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle, heel, and toe.
- As the rider pedals, Retül’s sensor bar gathers real-time, three-dimensional data of the rider’s pedal strokes and movements.
- Assessment of pedaling technique
- Retül system dynamic assessment of current riding position
- Further Retül system assessments throughout the session to assess the effectiveness of changes in position
- Retül’s rotating platform allows the fitter to collect data for both sides of the rider without the rider leaving the bike.
- The rider’s data is compiled into a reader-friendly report for analysis by the fitter. The fitter can then assess the rider’s position and make necessary adjustments.
- The Zin, Retül’s handheld digitizer, allows the fitter to digitally measure the rider’s bike at 13-15 points, depending on the bike. The Zin can measure fixed points, contours, and curves, and provides a complete digital map of the bike.
- The fit information is saved and stored on the fitter’s computer.
- The data includes the rider’s personal profile, measurements from the fit, bike measurements, and the rider’s final fit position.
The fitter will be able to access and print these records for comparison and tracking of historical fit data for the client. A full Better Cycling Retül report can be emailed to you for future reference
Retül system Bike fitting – £150 (Second bike £100)
Home Retül system Bike fitting – please contact for a quote
Initial fitness assessment, ramp test and Coaching Consultation + bike fit – £299